Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shocking News

If you have a G, you need to know about shocks.  Mine came with a set of Bilsteins that are supposed to be pretty good, and slightly less expensive than the original Sachs.  Unfortunately I was really bothered by how mushy the ride was.  I thought it could be a poor balance between front & rear braking (it could, actually), but since I had a set of 100K mile used Sachs shocks on hand I decided to try them.

All I can say is wow.  This is what the G was meant to be.  The Bilsteins are apparently OK when new, but I was shocked to find how amazing the Sachs are, even with 100K miles of use!  Be prepared - they're stiff.  That's what I wanted though.  I've got red springs in front & whites in the rear but still needed good dampening.  Sachs are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

If you're looking for shocks, spring for the extra dough and get the ones that are going to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment